International Exchange Student Health and Travel Insurance
International health and travel insurance is recommended for all students when they study abroad
The following information is provided to help students and parents learn about and investigate international travel insurance coverage.
Examples of coverage
- Participating in education abroad programs.
- Traveling abroad as a member of a student organization.
- Attending international conferences.
- Participating in internships.
- Conducting field research.
Areas of coverage
- Health and Accident Insurance: International health insurance policies pay for doctor and hospital bills, and sometimes dental care and medications; they can also supplement managed care plans.
- Medical Evacuation: Coverage for medically necessary transportation, including evacuation to a medical facility or medically equipped flights to return home.
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption: Coverage which protects you financially in the event you have to cancel or interrupt your trip for medical or other reasons.
Examples of insurance companies
- International SOS provides coverage of some costs associated with medical emergencies, illness and security issues overseas, and contacts for assistance with medical or legal issues.
- Registering for International SOS does not remove a student’s obligation to have separate and full medical insurance while abroad.
- Please submit your student travel information directly to International SOS.