Education Abroad Asia’s Gap Year Program is a great reason to travel and have adventures while experiencing the kind of dynamic international education that is the best possible preparation for the rest of your life.
FIVE REASONS TO HAVE A GAP YEAR IN PHUKET, THAILAND
- Experience affordable and quality learning.
- See the world and become a more independent learner.
- Cultivate intellectual curiosity and become a sophisticated global citizen.
- Develop personal and professional pathways in employment and business.
- Learn Asian and European languages and valuable cultural negotiation skills.
Study in Phuket
IS A GAP YEAR IN PHUKET RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Would you like to travel and discover the best direction for your education?
- Are you a learner seeking adventure, experience, independence and maturity?
- Were you not accepted into the college of your choice and like to add extra skills and experiences to your résumé?
- Are you a young person looking for an opportunity to discover your talents and find out what is important in your life?
- Are you interested in international experience to prepare for college, including university applications and entrance examinations?
If the answer to any of these questions was "Yes", then a Gap Year in Phuket, Thailand, with Education Abroad Asia is an amazing opportunity.
OFF-CAMPUS HOUSING – SEMESTER 2
For the second semester, Education Abroad Asia Gap Year students may choose to live at the Ratchaporn Condo, a short walk from the front gate of the university.
The Ratchaporn Condo has studio and one bedroom furnished condos. Amenities include exercise facilities and two swimming pools.
Rates are slightly higher than on-campus housing and based on double occupancy.
WHAT DOES "GAP YEAR" REALLY MEAN?
- A Gap Year suggests that after the stress of successfully completing high school, students can benefit greatly from taking time out to deliberately think about the directions of their lives.
- The idea for a Gap Year was founded in students’ needs and desires to understand the world and themselves, gain maturity, and become truly independent adults prior to engaging in mainstream university life.
- Typical Gap Year activities may include traveling overseas self-reliantly at a young age to study abroad for a semester or year, exploring career experiences, developing “people skills”, such as languages, teaching, or volunteering for charitable organizations.
FUN AND AFFORDABLE EDUCATION AND TRAVEL
- Studying in Phuket offers an opportunity to avoid high tuition and student loan issues faced in many western countries.
- Students discover that Asian university life is very nice and tuition is surprisingly affordable, with many courses taught in English.
- Students can transfer their credits home or stay and complete their degree through Prince of Songkla University at Phuket, Thailand.
- The cost of living in Phuket is much cheaper than in the US – Yet education, employment, and business opportunities are exciting and dynamic.
2018-2019 MULTI-COUNTRY GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
- Multi-country Gap Year Program can be organized in Phuket, Thailand and Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Gap year students first study at Prince of Songkla University (PSU), Phuket, Thailand, followed by our program at Paññāsāstra University, Cambodia (PUC).
- During your time in Phuket, we will arrange everything for the next great opportunity at PUC.